Monday, November 18, 2019

Flexible working doesn't include DIY

Less than 48 hours after the despicable email from the despicable Assistant Director regarding my unauthorized repair of the toilet door, I received another email.   No, it didn't contain the word sorry at all.  This is what it said:

I'm looking for some positive versatile working role models - would you be happy to contribute?

Good Morning Linda,

To promote and support more versatile working within the I am developing some versatile working materials for inclusion on , in a brochure and/or on our external websites.  And I’m looking for some brave volunteers who’d be prepared to share their positive experiences of versatile working and be versatile working role models. 

I’ve attached some guidance and further information, in case you’d be prepared to contribute.  If you’re happy to write a contribution, please let me know and I’m hoping to receive them by Monday 2 December 2019, if that’s possible. 

Many thanks for considering this request and I look forwards to hearing from you.


Best Wishes
****  <-- a="" about="" and="" begin="" c="" does="" ends:="" even="" her.="" her="" i="" in="" it="" kisses="" letters="" mind="" name="" nbsp="" not="" number="" of="" or="" row="" s="" similarity="" springs="" t.="" that="" the="" think="" to="" when="" where="" with="" word="">

Poor punctuation and improper capitalization of words aside, is she having a fucking laugh?

I have had to be versatile in my 'career' here (laughable - it's not a career, it's just a job) because sometimes job descriptions change/teams change, and what was once pleasant and enjoyable becomes tedious and unbearable.  Like some of the people I've had to work with.  When that happens I look for another opportunity - not to further my 'career', but to stay sane, so being a role model for versatile working is a bit of a joke.  

I have not replied to the invitation ...

No comments: