Sunday, June 24, 2007

Is it really Sunday afternoon already?

I was going to say that I don't know where the weekend's gone, but I do know. A large part of it has gone on work. For the second weekend running I've spent Saturday in the office - well, last Saturday was 7 hours and yesterday was only 4, but on top of a massively busy week it's all a bit much. I came back via Sainsbury's to get something microwaveable for supper and when I got in at 7pm I thought I'd have a nap for an hour before Casualty at 8.10. BIG mistake. My little naps are anything but little. I should just close my eyes on the sofa, but my bed was whispering, 'Come and lie down, just for a minute, go on, you know you want to' so I did. I only woke up at 10.30 because of the laughter from the Parkinson show on television downstairs. I stumbled downstairs (over Bella) and into the kitchen, fed the poor mite and had a scone and then went to bed. Ah well, at least I was awake bright and early at ... um ... 9 this morning!

The extra activity at work is, fortunately, unusual, and is because we have more than a dozen overseas visitors for a fortnight and as well as all the logistics involved with such a large number of people, there is my normal work to do, and I'm also trying to keep a lid on things with a colleague's work - she's off poorly at the moment. I don't mind, because I know my boss will offer me time off in lieu when he finds out how hard I've been working to make the visit go smoothly.

For those of you still wondering about BCSFH, the S doesn't stand for supervisor, as I'm fortunate enough not to have one. It stands for slut. Now, I have no idea if she is a slut or not, but it makes me feel a LOT better to mutter, 'Bitch-Cow-Slut-From-Hell' under my breath whenever she gets on my nerves. In a corner of my heart, my inner child is alive and well, still lives in the playground and gets a kick out of making up nasty names. I never actually did make up nasty names as a child, I didn't need to, I got on with everyone, or so it seemed. Happy days!

I feel the urge to nap so I'd better get up and move around before I give in and wake up to find that it's tomorrow already!

No comments: