Friday, July 06, 2007

I wasn't particularly grumpy this morning when I put on my Grumpy T-shirt (it's dress-down Friday here at the coal-face). I wasn't grumpy at all driving in because, miraculously, there was very little traffic and I got here in half an hour instead of the usual 40 minutes. I did become very grumpy, very quickly, however, when I got into the office and found the triffids had landed. Having been in our new building for 6 months we'd got used to the idea that we'd only have plants in reception, where visitors could see them, but the Board of Directors is coming over next week from the US, so we have to look all smart, and that means that, overnight, huge corporate plants have popped up in the most inappropriate of places. Like between my desk and my colleague's, so that we can't get to the window to close the blinds against the sun (when it chooses to shine). The plants are too heavy to move and, perversely, the sun is shining now after a month of rain, and I'm squinting at the screen, getting hotter and crosser. It's like a bloody greenhouse in here. I'm hoping that they will all go back once the BoD has gone.

I'm also pretty grumpy because I've had such a hectic 3 weeks - this will be the first weekend in 3 that I haven't worked - I was hoping for an easy day, but alas, it's not to be. Some of the BoD hangers-on have changed their minds about when they're going to London and when they're going home, so there's going to be a last-minute flurry of activity on my part, booking dinners and cars and hotels. So much for a lazy day! And I'm going out tonight. Right now it's the last thing I feel like doing ... Hey ho, such is life.

Of should that be Hi-ho?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Never mind, dear - you may be Grumpy but you'll never be Dopey.

Bah humbug to all Triffids, that's what I say.

Lots of love
Sleepy