Sunday, July 22, 2007

Which dwarf are you?


Apart from the beard and the hat, this could very easily be me. I don't remember being bitten by a tse-tse fly, but I certainly have sleeping sickness. I could sleep anywhere, any time (except at night, of course, when I'm often wide awake into the wee small hours). Yesterday and today I got up around 8am (not bad for a weekend!) but by 1pm I was napping on both days, and woke up around 6pm. That's not a siesta, that's half a night's sleep! Maybe I should take some vitamins, or eat more fruit, or at least attempt a more balanced diet. At the moment I seem to be living off sandwiches and I read somewhere that they give prisoners a high-carb diet because it slows them down. It probably wasn't true, but it's stuck in my mind, and I do feel slow most of the time.
Trouble is, I don't have time to cook, so my attempts at healthy eating don't even pass the starting blocks. Perhaps I'll make a proper shopping list and a week's menus while I'm watching the television tonight. That's if I can stay awake ...

No comments: