Sunday, July 15, 2007

Race for Life

Over 10,000 women walked/ran/stumbled around the Race for Life course on Southampton Common yesterday lunchtime to raise funds for Cancer Research UK, and I was proud to be one of them. When I dragged myself out of bed in the morning I thought that it was the last thing I wanted to do, and that it would be my last year (it was my third) but when I got there and read everyone's dedications and saw the fancy dress outfits and listened to people talking as we were going round I knew I'd be doing it again next year! And, as every year, I swore to myself I'd get fit and run round, or at least jog a bit. My excuse for walking this year was that I was walking with a friend of mine who had persuaded her 80-year-old mother to take part, and I couldn't leave them behind, could I? Actually, at one point, it was as much as I could do to keep up with the older lady - she was surprisingly fit!

So I came home feeling quite buoyed up and positive, only to put my 'Grumpy' head back on when I got an email from the hotel I've been trying to book for a mini-break at the end of the year to say that my credit card had been refused AGAIN. I know I've given the right details. I know the card works because I use it for my regular shopping, so NatWest Card Services are going to be given the benefit of my displeasure if they cannot come up with a suitable explanation and, of course, profuse apologies.

Watch this space, as nothing in my life is straightforward at the moment!



1 comment:

Heather said...

Go for it, girl - nil illegitimati carborundum :)