Thursday, March 06, 2008

Life in the freezer

When I got back home after my post-hospital stay at my brother's last week (not allowed to be alone for the first night after the angio in case I bled to death!) I went straight to bed again. I got up around 5pm to a rapidly cooling house, and a strange vibration coming from the airing cupboard. Yes, you've guessed, just as a cold spell hits, my boiler packs up! A friend came to have a look at it on Monday and identified the problem - gas valve - but as the seal's gone on the boiler, and there is a water leak that has mercifully plugged itself with limescale (hurrah for being in a hard water area!) it looks like a new boiler is going to be the most sensible solution. He's giving me a few days to think about it (and him a chance to find a 2nd hand gas valve) but I've been so cold in the evenings I'm going to have to say to hell with the cost, and go for a new boiler. I know, I know, it's March, and we've only got another 6 weeks of central heating, but I just can't cope with having to cocoon myself in a duvet while I watch television in the evening. So, it's belt-tightening time, folks, no treats, no extras, no nothing! Just hours and hours of taking photographs of my stuff to sell on Ebay ...

... where did I put those 800 wooden rosebuds?

No comments: