Friday, March 14, 2008

The price of warmth ...

... is very high! I spent a couple of hours with British Gas Man yesterday, going through the various pros and cons of combi boilers vs traditional heating systems, and the good news is that they can come next week and sort out my freezing home. The bad news is that it's going to cost over £3,000. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't have £3,000 lying around so I'm going to have to take out the payment plan. Can't really afford that either, but something will turn up - it will have to! Shame I've just paid the deposit on a new suite ...

I am going to get another quote, but the people who are quoting won't be able to offer me 'easy' payment terms, so I guess British Gas is going to get the job, despite the high price.

So this isn't a very jolly post, but as you can imagine, I'm not feeling very jolly at the moment, and I have the prospect of a few more years of being broke to look forward to as well!

Ho hum, maybe I'd better do the lottery on Saturday ...

No comments: