Friday, December 01, 2006

Counting down ...

Contract's finally come for my new job and although I haven't had the chance to read through it thoroughly yet, at first glance all looks fine. I can now count down to when I hand in my notice ... and then to when I leave!

It's all very exciting, and I've got that 'end of term' feeling - I think I should be bringing in games for the next few weeks rather than working. I've got the usual crap jobs to do and I really can't be arsed, but I know I will leave everything in totally perfect condition for the next poor sod who joins the company thinking this is going to be a good job.

I wonder if anyone will volunteer to do Children in Need next year? I wonder if anyone will get people together to do the Race for Life? I wonder if there will be a Christmas event? Maybe, although I wouldn't be surprised if all the fun is squashed when I go.

I'm so looking forward to handing in my notice to my total asshole of a line manager and it will be very hard not to simply throw the envelope down on the desk in front of him and tell him to fuck off - I know I'd never do that, but it is soooo tempting!

Anyway, another chapter of my life about to close, and a better one (I hope and pray!) about to start!

No comments: