Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day 2

This is me, skipping down the corridor at work today. Happy feet? Happy all of me!
I'm using someone else's computer because mine hasn't arrived yet, but apart from that all seems to be going well. I haven't felt the need to swear at anyone so far, but give it time! The journey there and back is different every time as I get into the wrong lane at roundabouts and end up on a different road from the one I expected but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, and it will be easier in the summer when I can see where I'm going - at the moment it's dark when I leave the house, and dark when I leave the office.
I'm touching wood as I'm typing this (who, dear? Me, dear? Superstitious, dear? Yes, dear!) but so far, so good!
Long may it continue!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only recently discovered your blog, and what fun it has been to read! Its like listening to you talking in person, I've been laughing so much it hurts...but also indignant at the treatment you received at the Uni. What a bunch of minge-winkers THEY were!

Anyway, glad you're out of there and in a new job, Linda. I don't know what your new job is but I think you should seriously consider writing for TV, you're so funny. I really miss our conversations from HSBC.

I have just set up my own bloggy thing, but have no idea what I'm ever going to put on it. I'd prefer to read yours I think. Having said that, I could probably nick your idea and have a total rant about some of my NHS colleagues! Maybe I'll do that...we'll have to see.

OK enough. I expect you're meant to leave brief, succint replies on these things and I have not done that have I?

By the way - stop dissing sprouts, they are truly great AND versatile, although I would caution against using them TOO heavy-handedly in your juicer, even diluted with lots of crapple (thats trendy juicer lingo for a blend of carrot/apple juice, a nice "base" juice for many a veggie cocktail).

Keep in touch (and I will do the same, promise).

Justin

steel breeze said...

good luck with the new job!