Monday, January 15, 2007

Fly in the ointment

... or rather, turd in the loo!

It didn't take long. We have pristine, ladies-only, immaculate toilets here in my new place of work, unlike the frankly disgusting cubicle we were forced to share with males and females at the university. To add insult to injury, the uni-loo was above the kitchen, so from about 10am it stank of boiled cabbage, even if cabbage was not on the menu. I suppose the smell of cabbage masked the smell of whatever was left floating in the pan ...

Well, unfortunately there is someone here who has difficulty in managing a total flush and I did actually find something that had only gone halfway round the U-bend last week. I decided not to put up one of my now-famous posters reminding people of the need to successfully flush all bodily waste, seeing as I've only been here 2 weeks and I would like to make it to the end of my trial period (end March). After that, the posters may start appearing ...

Apart from that, and the fact that my boss has left me such a complicated spreadsheet to complete that I don't know if I'll make it to the end of the day, let alone my trial period, everything is going swimmingly. We're bringing a radio in tomorrow because it's so quiet at the moment.

I'm betting I win the choice of radio station so this time tomorrow we should all be listening to Ken Bruce on Radio 2, joining in Pop Master ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sian.campbell@hants.gov.uk

Email me with gossip - I am going to pass out from overwork!

Sian