Monday, September 11, 2006

Banging my head against a brick wall!



We have several new joiners at work and one of the ridiculous things about this place is that one of the new joiners who hasn't a clue about anything yet has been set the task of showing all the other new joiners round the office. I have been introduced this morning as 'Linda-who-looks-after-the-keys.' I've also been introduced as Linda-who-sorts-the-post, Linda-who-looks-after-the-pigeon-holes and, as I'm informed by my line manager that the senior management team thinks all I do is update the photo-board, no doubt someone will introduce me as that, too.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall to achieve any kind of respect, let alone recognition for my real role - PA and (unofficial) Office Manager - and the pain is only going to go away when I manage to leave this place.

Ah well, maybe the next life will be better than this one ...

No comments: