Thursday, September 14, 2006

This time tomorrow ...

This time tomorrow it will all be over. Robbie will have left the stage at Milton Keynes and the Fish Lady and I will be on our way back to the car ... FL will be talking 19 to the dozen, telling me about the concert as if I hadn't actually been there. She will be reliving the journey there, as if I hadn't been beside her, reading out the directions. She will be telling me the last time Robbie sang each and every song that he sang tonight, how many people were in the audience that time, and who he was dating then. She will ascertain how much mud there is in the carpark and how far up the wheels of her car it has come, and then give me chapter and verse on every muddy field she has parked in since she got her driving licence 22 years ago.

And I will close my eyes and hear Robbie in my head, drowning it all out.

Life can be sweet. Even if there is something fishy going on ...

No comments: