Friday, September 08, 2006

A window of opportunity?


No suitable jobs in the Echo last night, however, I did have a call from my favourite employment agency (no, I'm not being sarcastic - they've been very useful over the years, when I've been between jobs) to say that they've just taken on a job which sounds right up my street. The salary isn't what I'd hoped for but it's better than here and it's not here! It's a senior PA role, so no need to worry about experience on that score. The added bonus is that it's in a higher education establishment and, of course, I have over a year's experience here at the University. You'd think that would have put me off, wouldn't you? But the part of the Uni I am in is a private research commissioning and management company, so has very little to do with 'real life' or even 'real' people. There are some nice individuals, but there are some right pains in the arse (as you will have gathered from reading this!) and, on the whole, the cons outweigh the pros.

Still, it's Friday, the sun is shining, and it's fish and chips in the canteen today, followed by a drink in the pub with a colleague half my age who is already as jaded as I am - shame, but that's what this place does to you!