Thursday, September 07, 2006

How history is taught ...

Mozzie is currently pestering someone else and I have had a quiet few minutes with my other 'room-mate'. Actually, 'mate' is a bit strong - we don't see eye-to-eye on many things (call that anything) but we are a little more united over Mozzie. And Kay, my colleague, let slip that Mozzie appears to have learned all her history from cartoons ...

Now, that might be funny if it weren't so tragic. Mozzie was schooled at home by missionary parents and, as a friend of mine put it so succinctly, never learned that it wasn't always her turn with the plasticine.

Today's little gem - I think I might start another blog simply entitled 'Mozzie Bites' - was as follows :

Me : I haven't checked the lottery results today.
Mozzie : Why? Do you do the lottery then?

Blood spurted out of my mouth from where I bit my tongue so hard to stop a sarcastic remark coming out, but, bless her, Kay rushed in where I feared to tread and sniggered at Mozzie and asked her if she'd thought about what she'd just said: 'Why else would she be looking at the lottery results if she didn't actually do the lottery?'

I bet you wish you were here ...