Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Recruitment agencies and open doors.


I don't understand how some people can blatantly lie and expect you not to realise that they are lying.

As readers will/may remember, I went for an interview recently via an agency - the agency that wanted to check I was dressed appropriately before I went to the interview itself! I got in touch with the agency because they advertised the job I went for ... So why did the agency ring me yesterday and say, 'This is just to let you know that we are going to be advertising the job you went for, but you're still in the running.'

I said that that didn't sound like a good sign, to re-advertise after they'd seen candidates - it implies that they didn't like anyone they saw at the interview enough to make a choice. The girlie at the agency said, 'Oh no, it's not a problem, it's just that we haven't advertised the job before, and by law we're obliged to.'

So if they haven't advertised the job before, how come I saw the advertisement? That was why I contacted them in the first place!

This whole process is not doing much for my faith in human nature!

Another (yes, ANOTHER) one of Mozzie's irritating habits is leaving the office door open. My desk is opposite the door and I don't like every Tom, Dick and Harry wandering along the busy corridor outside peering in on their way past, nor do I find it easy to concentrate with the noise in the corridor.

When she first joined and left the door open a few times, I pointed out why I liked it to be shut. She continues to leave it open every time she walks in and last week, on the brink of violence, I said, 'You really do have a problem with that door, don't you?' She snapped at me, 'I always close the door!' As the door was open, that was obviously not true ...

So, again today, she's come in and out twice, and left the door open both times. I think I'm going to get an effing great big stick and then I can reach the door to shut it without having to get up and go round my desk. The only trouble with that is I'm likely to beat the silly bitch with it ...

As you can see, my temper is short already and it's only 9.25!