Friday, September 22, 2006

It's Friday, so there must be another gig ...

Now, don't start thinking that I'm some kind of rock chick, but I am going to another show tonight ... No, not another huge stadium-style gig like Robbie Williams last week at Milton Keynes: tonight's show is going to be much smaller. I'm off to The Brook to see T-Rextasy, a great tribute band, for what must be the fifth time. It's a fraction the cost of the RW ticket, and a fraction the journey time, but it won't be a fraction of the energy and enjoyment, it will be full-on singing and dancing and trying to get close to the front of the stage with a couple of hundred other middle-aged women covered in glitter trying to pretend they're 14 again. F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!

Now, let's hope I don't get into an argument with the drummer like I did last time I saw them at The Brook. Well, he cut in front of me at the bar and, as friends will know, no-one gets between me and the bar! So, I remonstrated with him with all the sweet, gentle politesse for which I am known (especially at work!) and then he pointed out that as he was the drummer he really didn't have time to stand in the queue as he was due on stage shortly. That took most of the wind out of my sales, but I did have enough puff left to say, 'Well, you'd better be, because if I don't see you on stage you'll be in bloody trouble!'

He was the drummer. He raised his glass to me and grinned from the stage and I tried to melt into the crowd. Let's hope he's forgotten by now ...

No comments: