Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Spoke too soon


I spoke too soon about nice things happening to me. Today has been a real pain in the backside. Having been told to cancel our Christmas lunch, and having apologized profusely to the hotel, the Director suddenly took a vote in a whole team meeting and announced that we would be having Christmas lunch at this particular hotel after all ... so I was back on the 'phone, grovelling again. I pointed out to the director that I'd been told to cancel - no apology from him, just a flap of his hand and an irritated expression. I am so fed up of being here and being the one everybody kicks!

I didn't want to organise Christmas again this year anyway, I told my line manager I didn't want to volunteer, and he just shrugged and mumbled and I somehow ended up doing it. I just hope I get a new job before the Christmas lunch ... or that I can stand up at lunchtime and announce my departure. That would be fun!

HUMBUG HUMBUG HUMBUG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda, I have just spent the past 40 mins or so updating myself on your rusings (cross between musing and ranting as quoted by you before you shout at me!). I'm really disappointed to see that no one has left any comments - not even after the turd and pube entry. Nearly made me puke. Anyway, what I wanted to say was, we have a phantom turder at work too so I;m sure this is something others can sympathise with (unless of course, they are turdee's themselves??). We did find our culprit. It was a surprise but look for the skinniest, most health concious person in your office. They usually are vegetarian or have a variety of food intolerences which means they can only eat pulses and raw vegetables. Bingo! Go get 'em!
Swims-with-Crocodiles signing off.