Monday, October 30, 2006

Interview update

I had a great interview on Thursday with a very dynamic, youngish director at B&Q and the job sounded exactly what I was looking for. I felt that we could work very well together and he seemed as enthusiastic about my CV as I was about the job. You can imagine how disappointed I was when the agency rang me the following day to say that B&Q had asked them to stress that I was absolutely the best candidate for the job, but they needed someone to start almost immediately so they could have a handover from the out-going PA, and as I had to give 4 weeks' notice, they offered the job to the 2nd best candidate, who could start on Monday.

So, while it's nice to know they had such a high opinion of me, it doesn't really help me in my current situation here at the University, where it's getting harder and harder to remain civil, let alone cheerful!

I'm living up to my dwarf persona - Grumpy - a lot today!

No comments: