Monday, October 16, 2006

Two new job opportunities in one day!

There was a nice job in the paper on Thursday - PA to CEO of New Forest Parks Authority - so I've asked for an application form for that. Today I had a call from one of my agencies to ask if they could put me forward for yet another job at B&Q (bilingual French/English) and one at Coopervision, again, PA, with another European language 'desireable'. Fingers crossed! The money at Coopervision isn't as good as B&Q and it's much further away and the traffic will be crap going that way - all in all, I don't think I'd be any better off financially there, but that's not the point, it won't be here, with its blocked toilets, pubes all over the place (on toilet seat and soap dispenser today) nasty people and fuck all to do most days.

It's got to the stage where I resent anyone giving me anything to do, but I'm just too pissed off to challenge it. For some unknown reason Kay gave me some diary work to do, didn't explain herself properly and then laughed like a drain when I contacted the wrong people. It wasn't my job anyway, all I was supposed to be doing was booking a room, not sorting out other people's diaries. GRRRR!

So, keep your fingers crossed that one or other of these jobs comes up trumps. I think my favourite ones of the hopefuls at the moment are Red Funnel (if the money's OK), New Forest job and the one at the BUPA hospital as PA to General Manager and head of Clinical Services. Holby meets 5* hotel ... and within walking distance if anything goes wrong with the car ...

I wasjust about to go into a major rant about Mozzie borrowing something from my desk and not putting it back properly but I'm aware I'm getting even grumpier than the grumpy old women on TV so I'll go and do something to take my mind off her and the awful Kay... Thank God for YouTube!

No comments: